People often think recording anything is easy. You get a mic, hit record, speak or sing your thing and then it is done, right? But anyone who has spent even 30 minutes in a recording studio, or dabbling into a recording program can definitely tell you otherwise. It takes patience to get the perfect take, get the timing and layering right, and that isn’t even counting the post-production for the best voice over! This often means countless hours in the studio and many a sleepless night. But for us voice over fanatics, our love for this industry pushes us to create the perfect sound.
My dear friend Dan Hurst often reminds us to not take ourselves so seriously and I certainly applaud that philosophy and his great humor because you need that view to keep you sane. He told me he was inspired to create this list after a very long day in the studio, and having had a few of those days myself, this list came alive even more!
Dan -Daniel Eduardo- Hurst – English or Spanish Voiceovers
Location: Kansas City, Missouri Area
You Know You’re A Voice Talent When…
- You have a chronic case of headphone hair.
- You catch yourself repeating lines you hear in commercials.
- You believe mouth ticks can kill you.
- A one take is like a hole in one.
- You know what it means to rock the mic.
- You’ve done a few takes and then realized you weren’t recording.
- You hate P words.
- You plan to do this for the rest of your life.
- You wear quiet clothes.
- You think a great mic is the Holy Grail.
Thanks for sharing, Dan!
Have a comment? Subscribe to my blog and then join the conversation…and if you have an idea for a blog, please email it to me David@DavidBrowerVO.com
Mission Statement : *To Build Lasting Mutually Beneficial Relationships By Delivering a Quality Audio Product With Exceptional Customer Service Locally, Nationally, Globally.
© 2015 David Brower –